Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mobile

Here's another homemade "toy" for small babies. I had thought about buying a mobile when preparing for the little guy's arrival but some of the things we were doing in preschool at the time inspired me to make one instead.
What you see here is super simple! The shapes are made from paper dough cut with cookie cutters and decorated with glitter glue. They are attached to a hanger/popsicle sticks with embroidery floss. I also made the middle section removable by tying the floss to a clothes pin. This allows me to change the hanging objects for added versatility.
Another variation that we tried was using origami for the hanging shapes. Anything would work really as long as the weight can be balanced.
I'm not a super crafter but If I could figure this out I'm sure anyone can!

No comments: