Monday, January 24, 2011

Bicycle Seat Recall

I saw on the news tonight that the most common rear child seats for a bike (in Japan) are being recalled. Actually, the recall was issued last summer but so far only about 14% of the seat have been replaced. That got my attention and then I saw our bike seat is part of the recall.
The concern is that the foot rest can come loose allowing the kids legs to get tangled up with the rear wheel of the bike.

Here is the Japanese homepage with more info:
http://www.bscycle.co.jp/childseat/index.html

If you go to the bottom of the page they show what you need to be looking for on the foot rest of the seat.  From what I understand you can take your bike to a local shop and get the seat replaced for free. I'm going to have my husband check into it when he gets home.


If you have a rear child seat on your bike please check and see if it is part of this recall.

No comments: