Monday, November 28, 2011

Pie Baker

Zilla, 4 years old, loves to lend a hand in the kitchen.  Thanks to the various Practical Life activities he's been doing he is actually pretty aware of how to do the basics.  So, when he asked to make a cherry pie I was willing to go for it - as long as his little sister was napping!
Rolling out the crust is a lot like playing with play dough!

I mixed the filling as my recipe called for ingredients we don't have so I made it up as I went along.

Zilla was very intent on doing this part himself.  He didn't want me to even touch the table! 

In the end we made a great treat together.  While I don't think he is ready to make a pie all on his own, I know that next time I can let him do some of the work while I take care of other things!  
He's already requested to make an apple pie next!

No comments: